3 Things: Inspiration
Happy New Year to our readers. I hope you all had a joyful holiday. Today’s 3 Things post features inspirational articles and images that caught my eye over the past week. Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2018 for you and your families.
Bill Gates inspires me with his thirst for knowledge and his focus on philanthropy….
- Fellow book-lover Bill Gates reads about 50 books a year, publishing books reviews on his blog “Gates Notes”. “It is one of the chief ways that I learn, and has been since I was a kid.”
- 5 amazing books I read this year (I also found Evicted gave me a better understanding of what it is like to be poor in the United States; I have not yet read the other books.)
- These tweets from 2017 inspired me
- 4 signs of progress on climate change
“Photographs open doors into the past, but they also allow a look into the future.” ~ Sally Mann
- Incredible Photos:
- View the entire collection of winning images from the 60th World Press Photo Contest. They were selected from 80,408 images made by 5,034 photographers from 126 different countries.
- National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year Contest 2017
- Nature’s 2017 in pictures: The best science images of the year
Are you also aiming for a century of living?
- For my fellow Italians, and all those that aspire to live well – and live well into their nineties:
- Common psychological traits in group of Italians aged 90 to 101: Study finds group displays distinct optimism, stubbornness and bond with family, religion and land